All areas in the radius of the M25
- Understand operational management approaches and models, including creating plans to deliver objectives and setting KPIs.
- Understand business development tools (eg SWOT), and approaches to continuous improvement.
- Understand operational business planning techniques, including how to manage resources, development of sales and marketing plans, setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Knowledge of management systems, processes and contingency planning.
- Understand how to initiate and manage change by identifying barriers and know how to overcome them.
- Understand data security and management, and the effective use of technology in an organisation.
- Know how to set up and manage a project using relevant tools and techniques, and understand process management.
- Understand approaches to risk management.
- Understand business finance: how to manage budgets, and financial forecasting.
- Understand different leadership styles, how to lead multiple and remote teams and manage team leaders.
- Know how to motivate and improve performance, supporting people using coaching and mentoring approaches.
- Understand organisational cultures and diversity and their impact on leading and managing change.
- Know how to delegate effectively.
- Know how to manage multiple teams, and develop high performing teams.
- Understand performance management techniques, talent management models and how to recruit and develop people.
- Understand approaches to partner, stakeholder and supplier relationship management including negotiation, influencing, and effective networking.
- Knowledge of collaborative working techniques to enable delivery through others and how to share best practice.
- Know how to manage conflict at all levels.
- Understand interpersonal skills and different forms of communication and techniques (verbal, written, non-verbal, digital) and how to apply them appropriately.
- Understand own impact and emotional intelligence.
- Understand different and learning and behaviour styles.
- Understand time management techniques and tools, and how to prioritise activities and the use of different approaches to planning, including managing multiple tasks.
- Understand problem solving and decision making techniques, including data analysis.
Understand organisational values and ethics and their impact on decision making.
- Able to input into strategic planning and create plans in line with organisational objectives.
- Support, manage and communicate change by identifying barriers and overcoming them.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, and able to identify and shape new opportunities.
- Creation and delivery of operational plans, including setting KPIs, monitoring performance against plans.
- Producing reports, providing management information based on the collation, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Plan, organise and manage resources to deliver required outcomes.
- Monitor progress, and identify risk and their mitigation.
- Able to use relevant project management tools.
- Able to monitor budgets and provide reports, and consider financial implications of decisions and adjust approach and recommendations accordingly.
- Able to communicate organisational vision and goals and how these to apply to teams.
- Support development through coaching and mentoring, and enable and support high performance working.
- Able to support the management of change within the organisation.
- Able to manage talent and performance.
- Develop, build and motivate teams by identifying their strengths and enabling development within the workplace.
- Able to delegate and enable delivery though others.
- Able to build trust, and use effective negotiation and influencing skills and manage conflict.
- Able to identify and share good practice, and work collaboratively with others both inside and outside of the organisation.
- Use of specialist advice and support to deliver against plans.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal, non-verbal, written, digital) and be flexible in communication style.
- Able to chair meetings and present using a range of media.
- Use of active listening, and able to challenge and give constructive feedback.
- Able to reflect on own performance, working style and its impact on others.
- Able to create a personal development plan.
- Use of time management and prioritisation techniques.
- Able to undertake critical analysis and evaluation to support decision making Use of effective problem solving techniques.
- Drive to achieve in all aspects of work.
- Demonstrates resilience and accountability.
- Determination when managing difficult situations.
- Seeks new opportunities.
- Open, approachable, authentic, and able to build trust with others.
- Seeks the views of others and values diversity.
- Flexible to the needs of the organisation.
- Is creative, innovative and enterprising when seeking solutions to business needs.
- Positive and adaptable, responding well to feedback and need for change.
- Open to new ways of working.
- Sets an example, and is fair, consistent and impartial.
- Open and honest.
- Operates within organisational values
The entry requirement for this apprenticeship will be decided by each employer, but may typically be five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.